Thanks for your interest in Primera Mirada!
The call is now closed!
The winning film will be announced during the seventh edition of IFF Panama, to be held from April 5-11, 2018.
With Primera Mirada - the work-in-progress section of the International Film Festival of Panama - IFF Panama reaffirms its commitment to strengthen the region’s cinematic industry and become a platform for the internationalization of Central American and Caribbean films.
IFF Panama will select five projects to be presented before an international jury that will choose the winner. The films will be screened in private sessions during IFF Panama 2018 and their filmmakers and producers will have the opportunity to answer questions and receive feedback from industry members.
The winning film will receive monetary funds to complete the project, along with a private screening in one of the world’s largest film markets, The Marché du Film of Cannes Film Festival.
- Completed applications need to be submitted by February 9th, 2018. Primera Mirada under no circumstances accepts responsibility for the exclusion of projects if all requested information is not supplied by February 9th, 2018.
- Primera Mirada is only open to films from Central America and all the Caribbean islands.
- The films must be feature length. The films can be of any genre.
- The films must be in post-production; be it a rough-cut or just before the final cut.
- Films will NOT be accepted if they have been screened in theaters, TV, online or any other massive public platform, local or international.
- Primera Mirada has the right to reject the film if guidelines and regulations are not adhered to and/or submissions are incomplete/ in wrong format/ past due date or any other reason specific to the film submitted.
Terms and Conditions
- The winning project, selected by an international jury, will be awarded a cash prize.
- Unless previously agreed upon with the Festival, awards will be given to the winning film’s director and/or producer.
- The director of the selected film will be provided with airfare, accommodation and free registration to IFF Panama and Primera Mirada.
- Primera Mirada requires the use of the Primera Mirada logo in the credits of the awarded film, its poster and all other publicity-related material. An official Primera Mirada logo will be provided by IFF Panama.
- Applicants shall inform IFF Panama organizers of all further developments of the film following Primera Mirada.
- IFF Panama is not liable for applicable taxes, customs, tariffs, insurance and similar charges or costs, incurred by the award (if any).
For any questions or concerns please contact